- Partner closely with Field Leadership to identify operational gaps and analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs
- Assist in developing and implementing short and long term Management Development Programs targeted to Store and Department Management with the intent to enhance technical skills, leadership development and competency to drive key financial indicators (Sales, Service, Labor, Shrink)
- Analyze business needs, propose solutions and evaluate results
- Conduct store visits to analyze effectiveness, identify training gaps and gather feedback
- Plan and think strategically during assessment and implementation
- Deliver training in a variety of media to various audiences
- Must be change-oriented
- Communicate effectively to build trust and influence stakeholders
- Partner with other operational areas and departments to drive results
- Administer all aspects of training programs including but not limited to scheduling, ordering materials, and setting up training locations
- Deliver learning and training appropriate to target population (ZVPs, RMOs, SM’s/ASM’s and Store Team Members)
- Improve Store Management and Team Member performance through training, measurement, evaluation and coaching
- Manage organizational knowledge and learning functions to complement career planning and talent management
- Manage multiple projects and priorities to meet the needs of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Previous experience as a National Trainer, Operations Trainer, District Manager, or equivalent preferred.
- Skilled as an internal consultant / coach / counselor to management.
- Above average verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to travel 80% across assigned region and to Corporate Office (Greensboro, NC).
- Able to assist in the development of training goals, programs and materials.
- Able to work unsupervised for extended periods of time.
- Possess above average planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education And / Or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or 5 years work related experience in specialty grocery.
Must be able to speak and write in a clear and concise manner. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A balanced proportion of standing, walking and/or sitting
- Lifting/carrying – 35 to 40 pounds frequently; 40 to 100 pounds occasionally; 100+ pounds infrequently
- Requires good manual skills (gross and fine finger dexterity)
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level
- Must be capable of frequently squatting, bending and reaching
- Must be capable of climbing, stooping, kneeling and crouching on an occasional basis
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Office/Classrooms - these are generally air conditioned or heated accordingly